Just a small girl trying to make the most of the world that she is both perpetually terrified of, and amazed by.

Sunday, 14 August 2016

The Beginning

I've been toying with the idea of making this blog for quite some time, but could never figure out where to begin my first post, so I guess I'll just start with the basics.

My name is Indya, and to say life has been difficult for me so far would be an understatement, but that's not what this blog is about. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I want this blog to be centred around the moments I most enjoy in life: the adventures (both big and small, but, as I am currently a 19-year-old student, they are mostly going to be small), new discoveries, quality time spent with those who mean the most to me, etc.

I'm very active on my Instagram account, which is full of photos of all the things that make me happy, but as much as I love taking photos, they doesn't satisfy my need to put my feelings into words - which is where this blog comes in.

Another reason I wanted to make this blog is due to my struggles with remembering things. I'm not sure why, but I tend to forget a great deal of the things that I've done, or that have happened to me, which was one of the main reasons I started photographing everything, but that doesn't always help. A picture is supposed to say a thousands words, but sometimes I can look at a picture I have taken and not remember for the life of me when I took it, why I took it, or what I was feeling at that moment, and that really upsets me.

I want this blog to be a nice archive of memories that I can look back one day, and be able to read exactly what I saw, thought and felt at each moment. I hope my small adventures will be slightly entertaining and even uplifting at times, and I hope you'll stick around to watch them grow - and to watch me grow, too.

Until next time,
Indya xx