Wednesday, 21 September 2016

My 20th Birthday

It was my birthday on Friday, September 16th and, as unsettled as it makes me to think about the fact that I am now twenty, I did have a really great day.

I woke up to the bedroom and lounge room being decorated in pink streamers, and filled with 50 pink and purple balloons, thanks to Daniel.

Before my birthday last year, Daniel remembered that his family would always decorate his and his siblings' rooms for their birthdays, and when I said that I never had that, he decided to do it for me - and now it's our tradition.

Daniel gave me my card and presents, which included a DVD I picked out, 3 Pokemon NanoBlocks, and 2 sets of shelves.

After that, we went to San Churro to get my free birthday Churros for two (which is another tradition of ours, as of last year). I love the decor of San Churro, and the Churros were delicious, but I couldn't manage to finish them all!




We stayed at home for a while until we had to leave for dinner with my friends at Sut and Wine. It was great seeing everyone, especially those who I don't get to see as often. I honestly didn't expect any presents, but they all got me something, and what they got really showed how well they know me.

One of my best friends got me a Sailor Mars Pop Vinyl figure - which I had asked for, as she is by far my favourite Sailor Scout. I just love all the red she wears!

Another friend got me a box of goodies (the box is one of my favourite parts, pictured to the right, it's just so cute!) including two journals, a bunch of Eiffel Tower things, and the card she got me even came with a packet of little pencils so you could colour in the picture on the front! So cute. I've just met this particular friend this year, so it was really warming to see how well she already knows me, and how much she pays attention to what I say!


Two other friends got me a bunch of make-up - which is fitting as I am a beauty student, of course - and one of the lip products is the most gorgeous shade of pink!

Another friend, who I've known for 10 years now, got me a potted daffodil and wrote on the card, "To bring happiness into your home", which is honestly the sweetest thing in the world.

She also bought me TWENTY FOUR DONUTS, as pictured to the left, because I love donuts. I was so shocked; it was such an unexpected present, but a brilliant one. I don't really get to see this friend much (in fact, only once over the last year), but it's so nice to see that she clearly keeps up with me, since she knows about my obsession with donuts. I have the best friends.

I was so busy having fun with my friends over dinner that I completely forgot to take photos of them, the food, or the restaurant! I am constantly taking photos of everything, so I really must have been having a good time for me to completely forget. Over the last few years I have definitely become a homebody, but every time I see my friends I'm reminded of how lucky I am to have them in my life, and that I should see them more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The next day, Daniel and I went into the city for the day. We got a frappuccino at Starbucks, then had a quick bite to eat at McDonald's before heading to the aquarium.

If you have read my aquarium post, then you'll know that Daniel and I have annual passes to the aquarium, and if you're a fan of McDonald's (or even if you just have a TV), then you'll know that they've bought their Monopoly game back, where you peel off the stickers to see if it's an instant win, or a property. As luck would have it, we peeled off one of the little Monopoly stickers on our chips, and discovered that we had won... free entry to the aquarium! Of all things! It certainly made us laugh.

On the way home, I bought myself the Sailor Moon Pop Vinyl figure, since I loved the Sailor Mars one so much, before getting ready for a dinner out with my family at a Mexican restaurant called Carlos Cantina.

The food was delicious (both things I ate were smothered in sour cream, salsa and guacamole - just how I wish my life was!) and the waitress we had was lovely, and really funny. It's always great seeing my family and making new memories - not to mention getting photos taken! I never need to worry about taking photos at family events, because everyone else is already doing it! Maybe that's where I get it from.

I got some really pretty cards that I'll most likely put up on my office wall soon, some money (that is already gone... whoops), a gift card (which I can spend at Kmart!!! I'm so excited) and a candle that smells incredible, and has a little pouch with some jewellery hidden within the wax! Such a unique idea.

My Nan also got me an ice cream cake, which I was really happy about because I didn't think I was going to get one this year (I had already spent a lot over the last few days and couldn't seem to justify buying a cake for just Daniel and I), plus the fact that it was an ice cream cake, which is definitely the best kind! I kept the candles as a memento (which is my excuse for hoarding pretty much everything), even though being 20 freaks me out.

All in all, I had a great birthday. I usually have really high expectations about things like this and tend to get let down, or let my constant habit of stressing get in the way of having fun, but I really did enjoy seeing everyone and getting out of the house - and instead of being bummed that my birthday is over for another year, I'm just going to focus on the events that I have within the next few months, and the fact that it will be Christmas before I know it!

Until next time,
Indya xx