What I'm Loving Wednesday #4


Pin is from GimmeFlair.

1. Shaming or claiming the word "bossy".
I realise that I am talking about two completely different things here, but they both have the same outcome: women and girls who are not afraid of being called bossy. Whether you choose to completely ignore the word, or if you choose to own it and make it yours, something about this word needs to change.

I'm sure you've seen the video of Beyonce saying, "I'm not bossy, I'm the boss" (if not, it's here), and I think that's a great way to look at it. We need to stop worrying about people thinking that we're bossy when we choose to take control, when we choose to stand up for ourselves and become leaders. Lots of celebrities have joined in on taking control of this word and it's meaning, from Tina Fey and her book Bossypants, to Sophie Amoruso and her book #GirlBoss - which is also a hashtag on Instagram that has been put on over 3, 600, 000 posts!

I have always considered myself a follower. I've never thought that I was built for leadership, but now I wonder if that was just my concern of being called 'bossy' getting in the way. I do recommend that you watch the video that I linked above, it's got some interesting statistics in it.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



2. Christmas decorations.

It's only November and I've mentioned Christmas in nearly every single blog post this month, but I just can't help it! Daniel and I always put up our tree on the first of December, but that hasn't stopped me from slowly putting up other decorations around the house. I've been documenting some things here and there on Snapchat and my Instagram, but I'm trying to restrain myself from showing too much so that, come December when I blog about the decorations I've put up, most people haven't already seen them on my other social media accounts. I even drew little Santa hats and stuck them on photos and pictures, as pictured above, which really amuses me - and it's a great idea if you're strapped for cash for decorations these holidays!

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



3. Brock Davis' art.
I first learnt about Brock Davis' work a couple of years ago, but only recently "rediscovered" him, and I was instantly reminded of why I loved his work in the first place. Brock Davis has a mind that blows me away. From creating a poodle out of blackberries for his daughter's breakfast, to carving a tiny Christmas tree into the end of a green crayon, Brock Davis never lets an opportunity to make something slip away from him. His photography is also incredible; I would love to know how he comes up with all of his ideas. His website is currently being updated, but you can still find plenty of things to browse through on his Instagram.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



4. Shop Luella.
Luella is a shop that sell pins, t-shirts and other cute things with important and empowering slogans, such as 'Big Booty Club', pictured above, and 'Not Your Babe' - which is adequately paired with a picture of a knife. I really love the Big Booty Club items in particular, as body positivity is something I feel quite strongly about. My curves are something that I have always felt insecure about, so I am loving the fact that people are owning their curves and feeling great about them. Their watermelon and camper pins are also really cute!

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



5. Boomf.
Boomf is this awesome company that print your photos onto things like chocolates and marshmallows! How cool is that?! You can upload any photo you'd like, or choose from some of their adorable designs, and get them put onto chocolate, marshmallows, wrapping paper or their exclusive "Boomf Bomb" card, and send them to a loved one - with free shipping worldwide! I am dying to get some marshmallows with photos of Daniel and I on them, but as it is currently too hot to even go outside to check the mail, I think I'll wait until summer is over so they don't melt in my mailbox!

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



6.
I'm not actually sure what this is. I found it on Pinterest, and when I went to the blog that is linked at the bottom of the photo, it was in another language - and, as my browser's translation abilities are not the best, I was not able to find the original post with this picture in it. When I first saw it, I thought it was a book mark, but closer inspection makes me think that it isn't, since the flowers and skirt look 3D, which would make it difficult to be a bookmark. Regardless, it's beautiful and pink and I just love it. Even if you can't read it, I still recommend you have a browse through her blog, because the photos alone will blow you away with the magical things that she creates.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~

Until next time,
Indya xx

Popular Posts