Sunday Savings #12

I swear, I go into Savers with the mind set that I'm not going to find any books I like, and I'm nearly always proved wrong. I actually didn't get too much today, but I'm still really happy with the things I found.



Whilst neither of these books were actually on my to-read list, I am still very familiar with their titles and thought they'd be good additions to my library. I remember all the hype about the movie version of Slumdog Millionaire when it came out, but as I've mentioned before, I'm not really into movies that much (although I am very excited for Logan, Beauty and the Beast, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Justice League, Power Rangers, Wonder Woman and Cars 3 to all come out this year...), so I thought I'd give the book a go.

I actually have no idea what The Man Who Mistook His Wife For His Hat is even about, but it has over 100, 000 ratings on Goodreads, so there's obviously something good about it. I still have quite a large to-read pile, so these books are going to be on the back-burner for quite some time, but I'm still happy that I now own them.

Total spent: $5.48
Total saved: $32.46



I am so happy with these three books! Still Alice first intrigued me because of the movie version cover - which is the one pictured above - as it has Julianne Moore on the cover, who I loved in The Forgotten. After that, I noticed lots of my Goodreads friends reading it and really liking it so I added it to my to-read list, and now I own it!

The Universe of Us and The Granny are the two books I am most excited about. I love Lang Leav's poetry, and already own Love & Misadventure and Lullabies (both of which I bought brand new - that's how much I love her!). The Universe of Us only came out last year, so I was super surprised to see it at a secondhand store. It felt like finding gold. It'll most likely be featured in next month's Read In... post - as this month's post has already been written.

The Granny is the third book in Brendan O'Carroll's Agnes Browne series, and the only one I don't own! I love these books. They really show off Brendan's incredible writing skills, and his more serious side. I've been dying to find The Granny ever since I read the second book in this series 6 months ago, so this is going to be put quite high up on my to-read pile.

Total spent: $8.97
Total saved: $38.43

~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~

Until next time,
Indya xx

Popular Posts