What I Wore: Day in the City

I personally think I've been doing pretty okay with my goals for the New Year for the first time ever, and I definitely think this blog has been a huge help. It's given me a way to document my progress, and it's also made me feel a kind of responsibility; that, since I shared what I planned to do, I had to go through with it so I didn't let anyone down, or appear flaky.

The one I think I've been doing the best on is trying new recipes, and if you've been reading my blog for the last few weeks and have seen all my food posts, I'm hoping you will agree. I've also been putting more care into what I wear and trying to use forgotten pieces of clothing, which was another one of my resolutions, but I hadn't yet shared any of my outfits on here - until now!



I really do love clothes; I love putting pieces together and have them complement each other perfectly. I never feel better about myself than when I love my outfit. I tend to wear a lot of black and white because it goes so well with everything, and I think it complements my hair as well (which is looking really red in this photo, but it's actually orange!).

I got this cute little top from a thrift shop, but the tag says it is from Christopher Ari, which is a shop in Melbourne. I love shirts with collars and buttons, so I knew I had to get it. For some reason the buttons only go half way down the shirt, leaving the bottom half to sit open, so I paired it with a high-waisted skirt until I get around to trying to put more buttons on it.



I've had this skirt forever and hadn't worn it in so long, but thanks to my new resolution, I've worn it a few times this year already. It's from the brand Alice in the Eve, but I would have gotten it from a thrift shop or a friend. The tights that I'm wearing are these ones from eBay, which I also have in black. This was the first time I'd worn them, and they were really cute, but it was so hot in the city that day that I ended up taking them off.

I'm disappointed in myself for not getting a photo of my boots because they are my favourite things ever and I wear them nearly everyday. I got them from Kmart a little while ago for $30, which nearly killed me because I'm a $4-thrift-shop-pair-of-shoes girl, but they were 100% worth every dollar. I'm sure you've seen them before, since every girl on the planet seems to own them; they're just cute little ankle boots with a zip on the side.



My cute little collar clips - which are based off Luna and Artemis from Sailor Moon - are from We're All Made Here on Etsy, whose shop I am in love with! I really want to collect all the Sailor Moon items, they are so gorgeous.

I bought my bag (which is, once again, based off Luna from Sailor Moon - I also have the Artemis version) from eBay. There are so many shops that sell them, but I just went with the cheapest option that had the best rating and reviews. I use this bag more than any other bag I own as it fits both my digital camera and my Polaroid camera perfectly. Plus, I'm a sucker for a good shoulder bag as I hate carrying things!



The thing that's been keeping me from sharing any outfit of the day posts is that I am very self conscious. I much prefer to be behind the camera. One thing that I haven't mentioned yet on here is that I set myself a few secret goals for this year which are more focused on my self-esteem. The only one that I have talked about on Instagram, is that I want to take more photos of myself this year. It might not seem like much, but it's a huge deal for me.

Most of the time when I see a photo of myself I am brought to tears because I despise what see, and that's not how I want to live. I love life, and I want to be able to live it to the fullest and not let my self esteem get in the way. I basically told myself to get over it and take more photos of myself, and if I really don't like them, I just won't show them to anyone - and it's already helped so much. I've already put quite a few photos of myself on Instagram and when I look at them, I don't want to cry, which is amazing.



I still struggle with looking in the mirror, and try to refrain from doing so whenever possible, but I am over the moon that I can now document more of my life through photos, especially since I have such a bad memory. I have more photos with my friends now, and more photos taken on days that I was happy and felt good about myself, which is so great to be able to look back on.

Hopefully I'll continue feeling better about myself and share more of my outfits in the future (and hopefully I'll learn how to pose better as time goes on). I own such cute pieces of clothing and I just want to show them off! Here's to continuing growing and bettering myself throughout 2017.

Until next time,
Indya xx

Popular Posts