Hot Chocolate 4/13: Cookies & Cream Hot Chocolate

This is one hot chocolate that I've been really excited to try, and I'm so glad I did! I don't know what it is about cookies and cream, but it's a flavour that goes with so many things - cheesecakes, drinks, blocks of chocolate, ice cream, and more!


If you've been keeping up with my Hot Chocolate Challenge, you'll know that I am always looking to simplify recipes - ie: find a way to not use a stove or blender - but I was so excited about trying out this flavour that I actually got my blender out! I did, however, heat it up in a microwave rather than a saucepan, but it still tasted amazing!

I would definitely recommend using Oreos for this recipe, but since I shop at ALDI I had to get their version, which are much less tasty biscuits called Halos. They're still nice though, and they did the job fine, but I definitely think Oreos would have been better.


                                                                                  ~



I crushed up my desired amount of biscuits with my hand into my blender. I'm not 100% sure how many I used,but I think it was around four or five. I added my tablespoons of chocolate drinking powder as always, then my milk, and blended it all together. 


Once it was sufficiently blended together, I poured it into a mug and microwaved it in 30 second intervals until I was satisfied with the temperature, which only took two or three goes. I crushed more biscuits on top for good measure, and added some mini marshmallows because they make everything better, and this was certainly no exception!




A large amount of hot chocolate recipes that I've found online say to heat up the ingredients on a stove and then blend it together, but the last time I put hot liquids into my blender, the came off from all the steam! If I had a simple hand mixer, it would be fine, but my NutriBullet does not like hot liquids, as it is completely sealed and upside down whilst blending. 


                                                                                  ~

If you'd like to make this drink even sweeter, you could add some sugar to the cup before blending it all together - or even after you've heated it up - but it was already so sweet for me that I couldn't even finish it! That didn't stop me from falling in love with it though, and I will definitely be making this flavour again soon!


Until next time,

Indya xx

Popular Posts