Donut Sprinkles for National Donut Day

This is hands down the most exciting title that I have ever written. I love donuts and sprinkles, so putting the two together to celebrate a day that is specifically dedicated to the wonderful treats that are donuts, is a wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Although, since National Donut Day is an annual event, it's really a once-in-a-year opportunity - and, if you count the lesser known Donut Day in November, then it's really a twice-in-a-year opportunity, but that doesn't make it any less special!



I discovered my love of donuts last year, and it's definitely one of the greatest things to ever happen to me - especially since it inspired one of my friends to buy me twenty-four donuts for my birthday! So far, I've only written three posts about donuts, and honestly I am appalled at myself. There are so many great donut themed DIY projects and recipes out there that I am dying to try.

I have also been meaning to show you my donut items collection, which you may have seen bits and pieces of in photos on my Instagram. I have some other donut items that I would like to purchase before I'm ready to share that collection though.



National Donut (or Doughnut, the Wikipedia page spells it both ways) Day has been celebrated on the first Friday in June in America since 1938, so it's definitely one of my more legitimate novelty holidays that I have posted about.

Back to the donut sprinkles, which I got from an old post on Studio DIY. I honestly didn't mean for mine to turn out exactly like hers; I wanted to make the "frosting" a unique colour such as yellow or blue, but Candy Melts are quite expensive here, and I already had some chocolate melts in the fridge, so I just used those.



I didn't even realise I used such similar sprinkles until I started taking the photos. I have others that I could have used, but I chose these ones as I really didn't anticipate how tiny Cheerios are, and all the other sprinkles would have covered up the "frosting" too much.

These really are the cutest things ever; I'm such a sucker for tiny versions of things. Not to mention that they're so tasty! I love Cheerios, I have them both with and without milk, but adding some sprinkles and chocolate to them makes snacking on them so much better.

I know these are technically sprinkles, so they're meant to go on a cake or another type of sweet for decoration, but they were just so good on their own. Forget popcorn, the next time I have a movie night, I'm going to whip a bowl of chocolate covered Cheerios! You get all the benefits that Cheerios offer, plus a small hint of sweet chocolate. I was slowly snacking on them whilst writing this post and they all disappeared way too quick!



I am such a huge fan of Studio DIY. Her backstory is really inspiring, and she can turn anything into a donut. There are so many donuts recipes and DIY projects of hers that I'm eager to try, but I've recently thought of a few DIY projects of my own for the first time in my life so I'm really excited to get a start on them and share them with you!

                                                                                  ~ 

Are you doing anything to celebrate National Donut Day? Feel free to leave some links to any donut-related recipes or DIY projects that you like, I would love to check them out!

Until next time,
Indya xx

Popular Posts