Hot Chocolate 2/13: Cinnamon Hot Chocolate

First up, I just have to say that I am so freaking happy that I decided to start this drink series. We're only two (very simple) recipes in, and my mind is already blown. As much as I like to think I'm open to trying new things, I am actually very picky and don't often try things because I assume I won't like them, but that hasn't been the case for my first two hot chocolate recipes!

I got the idea to try a cinnamon hot chocolate whilst I reading a recipe for a much more complicated concoction. It had a bunch of ingredients in it that I never use, and it seemed like a waste to buy them all for one drink recipe. I soon realised that I already had one of the ingredients: cinnamon! So I thought, Why not try a cinnamon flavoured hot chocolate?!



As I said in my first hot chocolate recipe post, I want to start out with relatively simple ideas that are still new to me, so this really isn't much of a 'recipe'. It's really just adding cinnamon to your regular hot chocolate - but, man, what a difference it makes!

I made my usual hot chocolate: two heaped tablespoons of Cadbury drinking chocolate and one tablespoon of sugar into 3/4 cup of boiling water until dissolved, then add milk - except, for this recipe, I added some cinnamon along with the drinking chocolate.



I didn't measure out the cinnamon, even though I probably should have. I ended up putting more in than I had wanted to, but it still turned out delicious. As with my last recipe, just one taste of this drink instantly made me feel like it was 10pm on Christmas Eve, and I didn't have a care in the world. In case you didn't know, I am head over heels in love with Christmas, so something that has anything to do with Christmas, I will also love. Cinnamon flavoured hot chocolates are now on that list.

Despite living in Australia where it is Summer in December, I will not stop romanticising white Christmas' for as long as I live. That means drinking warm drinks even on hot nights, and decorating the house with snow-themed items - even though Australia during Summer is the last place on Earth that would have snow. I would love to spend Christmas overseas one year and be able to truly experience a white Christmas, but I'm happy pretending that my white tree is actually a real one covered in snow for now. Anyway, whether it's Christmas or not, this drink is the perfect concoction for Winter. If you give it a try, let me know what you think!

Until next time,
Indya xx


Related posts:

Popular Posts