Hot Chocolate 3/13: Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

If you've been reading my blog for a while, or even just following me on Instagram, you'll know that I am not short on things that I love. I really do love everything. Once I was a cynical young girl, but now I am a bubbly young adult who has fallen in love with the world - and I wouldn't have it any other way.

One of the many things that I love is peanut butter. It seems weird to write that, but I am obsessed with its smooth texture (don't even talk to me about crunchy peanut butter) and incredibly salty taste, and if I don't stop myself, I could definitely eat a whole jar just with a spoon.

In fact, when I have peanut butter on toast, I lather it on so thick that the bread almost doubles in size - and then I have a few spoonfuls of it straight out of the jar. I really am addicted to it, which is why I don't let myself have it very often. Butter and oil are wonderful things, but I'm sure I already have far too much of them both.



Trying a peanut butter flavoured hot chocolate was inevitable. Whenever I looked up different hot chocolate flavours to try, peanut butter would always comes up. On Pinterest, the second image that appears when you type "hot chocolate" suggests adding peanut butter
As you scroll down, the flavour appears another three times almost straight away. Three of the first four websites that come up when you Google "different hot chocolate flavours" also mention peanut butter - clearly, I had to try this flavour.

                                                                                  ~

Most of the recipes I read said to heat up the ingredients on the stove, but I don't like using the stove when Daniel's not home after what happened when I made gumdrops, so I just decided to add the peanut butter to my regular hot chocolate. I thought, if it really didn't work out, I'd try it again when Daniel was home.

To my surprise, it worked pretty well. I added the peanut butter with the boiling water - before I put the milk in - so that it would melt and mix in with the drinking powder and sugar. The taste wasn't as strong as I was expecting; peanut butter is usually a very strong, salty taste that always leaves me needing a drink, but it was a lot more mild once mixed into my incredibly chocolate-y drink.



It was quite nice. It was like having peanut butter on toast, and a hot chocolate, all wrapped up in one. I know I often romanticise things like hot drinks on cold nights, but I love that warm, safe feeling they give me; like there is something out there to fix every problemI'm sensitive, okay?!

Now that I've had peanut butter, I think I'll try some more spreads in the future. Nutella will definitely be high up on the list as that is another very common flavour that I see all over Pinterest, but I do want to eventually try out some unusual and strange flavours and see what I can come up with! 

I'm also keeping track of all the flavours that didn't work out, so at the end of this challenge, you can also see what flavours not to try! I hope that everyone in the Southern Hemisphere is keeping warm during this colder weather, and not getting too jealous of everyone in the Northern Hemisphere currently enjoying their sunny Spring - I know I am!

Until next time,
Indya xx


Related posts:

Popular Posts