Just a small girl trying to make the most of the world that she is both perpetually terrified of, and amazed by.

Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Hot Chocolate 8/13: Maple Syrup Hot Chocolate

I am a huge fan of sauces and dressings. I will eat a bowl of wedges just so I can have sour cream with them, or I'll make a batch of chips because I got an extra sweet n' sour sauce from work that I want to eat. I would happily eat a bowl of rice every single night, as long as I had a range of sauces to go on top (butter chicken, satay chicken, etc). Sauces change everything

Maple syrup technically isn't a sauce, but it's close enough, and it's the reason I have pancakes at all. Pancakes certainly aren't mind-blowing treats on their own, but paired with maple syrup, they turn into one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. 

                                                                                                              ~

Anyway, when I was searching the fridge for inspiration for what flavour to add into my next hot chocolate, the maple syrup caught my eye. I don't get to have it very often because I don't particularly like making pancakes (for me, if I can't just throw it into a bowl, microwave or toaster, I won't eat it), so this was an extra special treat for me.



I made my usual hot chocolate like I always do, except this time I added some maple syrup along with the drinking chocolate - and it was really good! I may be biased because I love maple syrup, but I really did enjoy this flavour.

Like most of the flavours that I have tried so far, this one didn't completely blow me away, but it was still a nice, subtle flavour that made all the difference. It honestly felt like it was the morning of my birthday and I was having pancakes for breakfast - it made me nostalgic for a memory I don't even have!

                                                                                                              ~

I still really want pancakes, though. I love them with maple syrup, but I also enjoy Vegemite and butter on them, as well as lemon and sugar! They were such staple pancake toppings for me as a child, but now I'm thinking that they may not be that common in other households... 

What do you usually put on your pancakes? Do you make them super healthy with lots of chopped fruit, or just smother them in maple syrup like I usually do? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time,
Indya xx
Related posts: