Adventure #20: Steavenson Falls

It's finally here! Part three of mine and Daniel's first holiday away. I already talked about our day at the snow and the hotel we stayed in + all the food we ate, so today I will be telling you all about our day hiking up to the top of a waterfall!

The Steavenson Falls are apparently quite well known - especially in Marysville - as everybody suggested that we check them out while we were there. The only issue was the locals just called them "the falls" so we weren't really sure what they meant at first!



We eventually figured out/took a guess that everyone was talking about the Steavenson Falls, and decided to go there on our third day of the trip. If I'm being honest here - which I always try to do - I hated this adventure. I had no idea how long it would take to walk up to the top of the waterfall, nor did I know that the track would be so terrifyingly dense and muddy. 

I was completely out of breath and in pain during the entire hike, not to mention petrified that I was going to fall to my death, get lost forever, or be eaten by a wild animal. It sounds silly to type it out now, but I really did not have a good time - until we got to the top.



The view was really nice, and I was much happier knowing that we were going the right way the entire time. I got great photos on my phone and some pretty cool Polaroids.

I do love waterfalls. They are so pretty, and it's quite calming listening to the rushing and crashing of the water, but I think from now on I'll stick to admiring them from the bottom! You get a much better view of them that way, anyway.





Is there anyone out there who has gone hiking and totally hated it? Or, if you loved it, can you tell me why?! I just can't imagine myself ever enjoying it. - but then again, exercise is really not my thing!

Until next time,
Indya xx
Related posts:

Popular Posts