Just a small girl trying to make the most of the world that she is both perpetually terrified of, and amazed by.

Friday, 28 October 2016

Adventure #10: Cake Bake and Sweets Show

Last weekend Daniel and I attended the Cake Bake and Sweets Show. Similar to the Cake Expo, the Cake Bake and Sweets Show is a big event filled with different stalls and workshops that all fall into the baking category. I did find that the Cake Bake and Sweets Show had less food stalls than the Cake Expo however, instead choosing to focus on tools and decorations.

While I was busy going back and forth between all the stalls that sold cookie cutters trying to figure out which ones to add to my collection (I ended up getting two: a teapot and an ice cream), Daniel was strolling around with my camera taking some amazing photos of the stalls and displays - so you can thank him for all the beautiful photos in this post!

As well as stalls and workshops, there were also demonstrations by some previous MasterChef contestants (as well as one by this year's winner), and the Art of Cake Challenge, where bakers could submit cakes into a range of categories for the chance to win prizes. 

this cake makes me so nervous
a breathtaking galaxy cake that was on display
close up
























































The Art of Cake Challenge was definitely the highlight of the event for me. The cakes were amazing. had so much detail, I can't even imagine how long it would have taken to make them.

Art of Cake Challenge
Art of Cake Challenge
Art of Cake Challenge. This one is quite simple, but easily one of my favourites!



























































Events like these always make me want to start baking more, and actually use all the amazing things I own, while simultaneously making me feel like there's no point because I'll never be this good. I know I just need to remind myself that it's the process that matters. That as long as I have fun, it doesn't matter what the finished product is like - and also that practice makes perfect, of course, but I've always wished I could just be perfect at everything after my first try. Alas, that it not how the real world works so, for now, I'll just browse through my photos of these masterpieces and try to convince myself to actually get up and start baking!

Until next time,
Indya xx