Just a small girl trying to make the most of the world that she is both perpetually terrified of, and amazed by.

Wednesday, 9 November 2016

What I'm Loving Wednesday #2



1. Jenny Holiday from Everyday is a Holiday.
I cannot believe that I left Jenny out of my first What I'm Loving Wednesday post. In fact, I am furious with myself. I love Jenny's art. When I own my own house, I want my walls to be covered with her wood plaques that are available on her Big Cartel shop, particularly the donut-themed items. The only thing that's stopping me from buying some of her products now is the awful conversion rate I'll face (which, of course, is not her fault, it's just bad luck).

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



2. Reading.
I've loved reading ever since I can remember, but my passion for it has definitely increased over the last few years (and so has my collection of books), especially this year. Since I've become a lot more active on Goodreads, and have followed a lot more book-lovers and fellow writers on Twitter and Instagram, I'm constantly being reminded of all the great books that I want to read, which helps motivate me to get through the ones I own. So far this year I've read 51 books (although it may be more once this post is published), and 14 of them were in October alone, which makes me so proud of myself. Reading makes me really happy, but also just knowing that I've been spending my time reading makes me happy too.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



3. F*ck Apologies by JoJo.
This song actually came out in July, but I only discovered it recently when YouTube suggested it to me - and I'm so glad it did. I've loved JoJo since I was a pre-teen who always had Baby It's You and Leave (Get Out) on repeat, and I'm pretty disappointed that her recent music hasn't taken off in the same way (although, her song Disaster has over 19 million views, which is great, but it did come out 5 years ago, and I only heard it after I went searching for new music of hers), but I love this song (almost) as much as her earlier stuff.

You see, I apologise constantly. For things I should be sorry for, things I shouldn't be sorry for, things I have literally no control over, and even when I'm just feeling awkward. I am always saying sorry, and this song is about ending that habit. There is no point in saying sorry if you don't mean it, or if you shouldn't be saying it in the first place. Of course, I'll most likely continue apologising for everything for the rest of my life, but for the 3 minutes and 19 seconds that I listen to this song, I can at least pretend that I'm strong enough to hold my tongue.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



4. The Locket Library on Etsy.
I first discovered The Locket Library when I saw a photo of their adorable glasses ring floating around the internet, and decided to have a look at what else they had - and I'm so glad I did, because I instantly fell in love with their selection. They have a range of classic and popular book (think Of Mice and Men, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, the Harry Potter series, Sylvia Plath titles, and so much more) charms available on their own, on a necklace, on a bracelet, as a keyring, as a book mark or as a badge. I really want to start collecting the charms on their own, or perhaps as bookmarks (they are yet another thing that I own a lot of, and never use), but with Christmas around the corner, I know I shouldn't start any time soon - but that won't stop me window shopping online and imagining all the cute ways I could display them!

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



5. Sailor Moon.
Okay, I've loved Sailor Moon for as long as I can remember, but I recently acquired the original series on DVD and have re-fallen in love with it all over again, and have decided that I want to start a Sailor Moon collection. So far I have some DVDs, two pop vinyls (Sailor Moon and Sailor Mars), two shirts, two bags, Elora's Cry Baby print, and a miniaturely tablet (that's what they're called... You can see the different ones here, but I got the pink heart one from Zing - well, technically, I'm getting it for Christmas, but still), and have been adding heaps of things to my Sailor Moon Pinterest board to buy in the future. Once it's a collection worth sharing, I'll be sure to do a post on it!

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



6. Kate Gabrielle from Scathingly-Brilliant.
Kate is another wonderful woman that I can't believe I left out of my first WILW post. I'm not sure whether I found her blogInstagram or shop first, but now not a day goes by where I don't have a look at least one of them (let's be real: I look at all of them, all the time). I don't even know where to begin with why I think Kate is so awesome. It might be her cotton candy coloured hair, her inspiring style, the fact that she likes reading, her extremely enviable room, her unique DIY projects, her femme-positive lapel pins - or all those things, plus many more, altogether!

Seeing Kate's posts on my blog and Instagram feed always cheer me up, and have definitely helped me feel better about all the things I own and love - things that some people would call "useless" and a "waste of money" - because anything that makes you happy is a good thing!

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



7. RiniPaperCuts on Etsy.
Whilst I was searching Etsy and eBay for various Sailor Moon items, I fell in love with so many shops (seriously, my Sailor Moon Pinterest board had about 20 things on it before Monday, and now it has over 200), and RiniPaperCuts on Etsy was one of my favourites. Rini makes layered paper cut art pieces, and they are gorgeous. My favourite is definitely the Sailor Chibi Moon, pictured above, but there's heaps more too, including other Sailor Scouts, PokemonCardcaptor Sakura (which is an anime I used to watch as a kid, and have only just remembered it since seeing fan art of it on Etsy!), superheroes, Disney characters - the list is endless.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~

Until next time,
Indya xx