Just a small girl trying to make the most of the world that she is both perpetually terrified of, and amazed by.

Wednesday, 16 November 2016

What I'm Loving Wednesday #3



1. Novelty salt and pepper shakers.

I've always loved novelty items, and I already have four different sets of salt and pepper shakers just because I thought they were cute, but since I created a Pinterest board dedicated to them, I've been wanting to start a proper collection of them. The set pictured above is one of my favourites, not surprisingly, as it is pink and vintage, but unfortunately it has been sold.

That's the only issue with finding things on Pinterest, there's always a chance that they've been sold or discontinued a long time ago. Such as these pencil-shaped salt and pepper shakers that really appeal to the writer in me, but the website they are from no longer exists. These pancake and syrup ones and Grumpy Cat (!!!) ones also make my heart skip a beat, but it looks like they've been sold too. That doesn't discourage me though, as I buy 99% of my things secondhand, so I'll just have to scout out the local op shops and see what gems I can find!

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



2. Solider by Destiny's Child.
One of my favourite things in life is re-discovering things you once loved, and this song is a perfect example of that! I have been listening to Destiny's Child quite a bit this year, once I realised how empowering their songs are, but only re-found this song in the last week - and it's been on repeat ever since. My favourite line is "I need a soldier that ain't scared to stand up for me" because, as much as I like to think I can look after myself, it's still nice knowing you have someone who will stand up for you if you ever need it.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~


Photo from instagram.com/thedaintysquid.

3. Kaylah from The Dainty Squid.
I'm not going to lie, I am a huge fangirl when it comes to Kaylah. I admire her and her blog so, so much. She's really interesting and just seems like a lovely person, plus her photos are always gorgeous. I especially love seeing any polaroid photos she's taken, and I love photos of her bike perched against brightly coloured walls so much that I save them into a folder so I can look at them later on (is that weird? I always save photos that make me happy). 

Anyway, back to Kaylah's blog, The Dainty Squid, and why you need to follow it now: there are ample photos of her pets; her collection posts are super interesting, especially her medical model and vintage globe collections; she visits heaps of interesting abandoned places and cemeteries; and documents all the things she finds at beaches. I could go on, but I think you get the picture. Now go read her blog.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



4. The Shoe Bakery.
The Shoe Bakery is an adorable online store that sells various bags and shoes that look like delicious, decadent desserts. My personal favourites are Pink Syrup Ice Cream Flats, pictured above, or the Pink and White Cake Heels. I'm not usually into shoes that much because I can never find shoes in my size (except for the children's section, but they never have the styles I like), but I am honestly so in love with these shoes.

I just love things that are made to look like other things. I have a wedding cake shaped kitchen timer and a hamburger shaped kitchen timer, and I don't use either because my oven has a timer on it, but I had to have them just because they looked like other things. I really am a sucker for novelty items.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



5. Notebooks.
I've always loved notebooks and, as I said in Monday's post, I've always kept a journal, but I was given a few notebooks for my birthday, pictured above, and couldn't wait until I needed a new journal to start using them (especially since I already have an empty journal that's next in line once I finish the one I'm currently using...), so I decided to use the smaller one as a brainstorming notebook for this blog. It's small enough to take with me in case I need to quickly jot down any ideas I think of. I usually just make a note on my phone, but I do that for so many thoughts I have, and they end up getting lost and forgotten about. This way, everything in this notebook is relevant to my blog, and it's all in one place.

It's already helped me out a lot; when I get into writing moods and I'm not sure what to write about, I go back and read some of my ideas and go from there. Plus I can plan out when I want to publish posts, and in what order. Besides, there's just something about actually sitting down and writing on paper that just feels so satisfying. 

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~




6. Collar clips.
I don't actually own any collar clips yet, but after finding an array of them on Pinterest, I know I am definitely going to have to purchase some soon. I adore collared shirts, and I own quite a few, and I think collar clips would only make them that much cuter. The Luna and Artemis ones, pictured above, are from Etsy, although they are currently sold out - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll restock soon!

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~

7. Christmas shopping.
I love Christmas, and always have, but I definitely feel like this is going to be the best Christmas yet. It's the first Christmas with just Daniel and I in the house (we do try to see his family around Christmas time, but they live 4 hours away so it is difficult), which means the only people we have to buy presents for is each other, plus we get to plan out the whole day as we like: get up when we want, open presents when we want and, best of all, choose exactly what we want for dinner. But my favourite part about it all is the Christmas shopping.

I've got so many ideas planned on what to get Daniel. I even when a little overboard and got him a replica of the car from Back to the Future, which was nearly $200 (it's okay, he knows he's getting it so this post won't spoil it for him), but I was more than happy to do so after all he does for me. Plus, he grew up having to share Christmas with two siblings, whereas I was an only child and always the centre of attention, so this year I want him to be able to experience that. He hates people spending money on him, but I know he's worth every cent! (Sappy, I know.)

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~

Until next time,
Indya xx