Just a small girl trying to make the most of the world that she is both perpetually terrified of, and amazed by.

Friday, 9 December 2016

Bags and Purses ♡ Collection Series #4

I am not sure if I have enough purses and bags to consider them a collection, but people have often commented on how many I have, so I decided to do a collection post on them. Besides, I am in love with them all, and certainly don't mind writing about them. I have had a lot more bags than this, which is probably why it doesn't seem like much now, but I often donate the ones that I don't use to charity stores (which is funny, considering that's probably where I got them from).

I first got into "collecting" bags when I realised how many designer bags are sold in second hand stores. After that, I bought anything that had Guess, Jimmy Choo, Prada or any other well-known name on it, but once I had a pile of bags that were too old or not my style taking up room in my closet for so long, I knew I needed to stop. I was never one to care about brand names, and I don't know why I ever pretended I did.

It's kind of funny that I was into brand name bags when I was a pre-teen/in my early teens and now, at 20 years old, I am far more into novelty bags and cheap clutches - but I am much happier now that I don't deny myself the things I love. I will always be a child at heart, and I'm okay with that.
My favourite and most used bags. Just search "Sailor Moon" in Women's Bags,
and you'll find plenty of them.
This one was a birthday gift back in 2014, so it is no longer available, as far as I can tell.

A few impulse purchases from Kmart.

The two pink and one purple clutch were gifts from years ago,
and I got the black and white clutch from Colette last year.


A recent-ish Sunday Savings find.



My remaining brand name bags. My previous affinity for the colour yellow definitely
played a big part in buying the first bag, as it is not my style otherwise.
I do like the Guess bags though; I think everyone needs a staple black handbag.


I've had these bags for a long time and have no idea where they came from - I can't even find them online -
but they're really handy for holding my phone and wallet on quick trips.

                                                                                                              ~

I'll actually be adding a new bag to this collection once it arrives in the mail. It's an adorable unicorn bag from DollSkill that I've had my eye on for a while. Funnily enough, I didn't mean to buy it. I added it to my cart and chose PayPal as my payment method just to see what the price was going to be after it was converted to AUD (around $66, which includes shipping, in case you're wondering), but it turns out I accidentally purchased it while doing so. 


I emailed DollSkill and checked their FAQ, but it turns out they don't do cancellations, and sending it back to them in America would be too expensive, so I am going to have a very expensive and unneeded bag. Whilst what I did definitely isn't as bad as the girl who accidentally bought $733 worth of things from Sephora, I still kicked myself afterwards. I'm just not the type of person who spends that kind of money on one or two things. I am a thrift shopper. I get things secondhand or off eBay. I do not spend $66 on one bag

The worst part is, I had that money saved for some things I really wanted to get, which meant I had to take money out of my savings to get them, and that always makes me feel bad. I realise these are incredibly superficial first world problems, but I still feel like an idiot. Hopefully I'll feel better once I actually get the bag. I'm going to force myself to use it all the time so I get my money's worth!

Until next time,

Indya xx