Just a small girl trying to make the most of the world that she is both perpetually terrified of, and amazed by.

Friday, 13 January 2017

Adventure #15: SkyHigh Mount Dandenong

On Monday night I had my work Christmas party at SkyHigh in Mount Dandenong. SkyHigh is a popular tourist attraction because of its breathtaking view of Melbourne, but it's also known for its restaurant and function venues. The drive up there is quite scary, as the roads are very narrow and there are trees everywhere, but it's also incredibly pretty.

We had our own function room with our own balcony. The function room was huge. There were 40 or so of us in there (I think..), but we could have easily all fit in there 3 or 4 times over without feeling squished. There were massive glass windows all around us as well, so we were able to look out at the amazing view whilst we ate.




I'm not sure if every function is the same, but our dinner was buffet-style, where you grabbed a plate and walked along the line of food, picking up what you'd like, before going back to your table to eat.

The desserts were different though; they were brought out to us on platters by the workers while we mingled on the balcony or stayed sitting on the tables. The people working there were very nice, and they didn't even roll their eyes when I asked if I could take photos of the desserts!




Our balcony was also quite spacious, and not only did it have the iconic view of Melbourne, but it was also above the outdoor eating area and other lookout points too, so it really did feel like we were on top of the world.

The view was spectacular, but impossible to get good photos of. It was really foggy during the day so you couldn't see very far, but it was amazing watching the sun set and seeing all the lights illuminate below as it got dark. My camera really didn't do the view any justice at all, but hopefully you get the idea.





The managers also gave out awards, as they do every year. People who have been there for 3+ years received plaques and other awards for having worked there so long, and then there were awards for each role (cook, trainer, etc), people who have improved the most, and so on.

I got a box of Lindt chocolates and two Gold Class tickets for my great customer service, which made me so happy. I know a lot of people hate customer service, but I don't. I love talking to people and people love talking to me. One of the things my manager said whilst giving me my award is that people often write how nice I am when filling out our feedback surveys, which is lovely. It's always nice to be appreciated.

                                                                                                              ~

All in all, it was a really nice night. I have the best work colleagues, and it was great to be able to spend time with them that wasn't interrupted by us having to work. I feel really lucky to have a job that I like, with colleagues that I love, as most people often don't feel that way about work.

Until next time,
Indya xx