Just a small girl trying to make the most of the world that she is both perpetually terrified of, and amazed by.

Monday, 22 May 2017

Things That Make Me Happy

 Collecting things.
How I wish I could lead a minimalistic lifestyle, but I know having an empty home would make me feel empty inside, so I surround myself with all the things I love to help inspire positivity.

 Warm drinks on a cold night.
Nothing goes together like hot chocolate and a movie in bed when it's too cold to move!

 Having all the washing done.
Especially when it's all folded and put away! There's nothing like knowing I can wear absolutely anything in my wardrobe without having to check if it's clean first.

 Daniel.
There was no way I could not include Daniel in this list! He is my main source of happiness. Nothing is better than sharing your life with your best friend. I really am blessed to have him in my life. There's no way anyone else would handle me crying over every single TV show and movie ever as well as he does.

 Sunshine.
I'm really not an outdoorsy person, but nothing makes me feel more at peace than when I open up all the blinds in the house and let the sunshine pour in. It makes everything feel warm and brand new. It's a sure-fire way to uplift my mood.

Things That Make Me Happy | The Small Adventurer

 Content planning.
One of my favourite things about blogging is planning all the possible blog posts I could write. I tend to get too caught up in coming up with ideas rather than actually implementing them, but it's just so fun! I have so many post ideas for Winter, and for the end of the year, that I'm really excited about.

 Animals.
This feels like such a cliche thing to say, but I would have been lying if I didn't include it. I love animals with all of my heart. They're one of the main things that Daniel and I bond over. One of our favourites things to do together is visit the aquarium or zoos, and we are counting the days until we own our own house and can finally have pets.

 Long drives.
I'm genuinely a very nervous person - especially in any form of transportation - but after being in the car with Daniel for a few years now I feel pretty safe, and have come to really enjoy long drives together. They were something I enjoyed as a kid too (before I was incredibly scared of everything), as I usually lived pretty far from school or even the supermarket, so I'd always use that time in the car to read, and I still love doing that. It's a great opportunity to get really into a book without many distractions.

 Taking photos.
I am one of those people that take photos of everything, and I love it. As I mentioned in my Little Known Side Effects of Anxiety post, I have an awful memory and often forget days, weeks and months at a time, so taking photographs is really important to me. Even if I can't remember a certain day, I'll always have the photos to tell me that it happened.

                                                                                                              ~       

What are some things that make you happy?

Until next time,
Indya xx